To contact the Start With The Street! movement please contact us via:
Twitter: @_viralkindness #startwiththestreet
Contribute to our site!
We’d love to hear all about your ideas and add your information to our website – to make it even better. We will constantly be adding to this site, so if you have any resources you would like to add to this site, for example:
- tell us how your neighbours are supporting each other,
- send us useful information – health, practical or organisations offering services,
- creative ideas to keep adults and children occupied,
- jokes, humorous memes, videos,
- poetry, song and other works of art,
- ideas to stay calm
- or anything else you think people may find useful
- if you are a local business with a service to offer, eg a greengrocer with a delivery service to advertise (if possible for a very small financial donation or exchange of goods/ service as publisher is currently between jobs and doing this for free)
then please email them to email@example.com
How did this idea come about?
This idea started on a street in Bristol, when a resident set up a WhatsApp group for his neighbours. They started chatting and laughing and offering support and then another resident with a previous desire and vision for connecting people in their communities in a tangible way thought it was a great idea and that everyone should be doing it. So she set up other groups for streets in her community, added people, watched them start to take off as well, and thought it was worth putting some time and energy into developing the idea on a far larger scale – to go #ViralAgainstTheVirus ! She chose a name, bought the domain, got a friend to host the website, wrote some text, asked a design contact if she would help out with logo and flyer design (many thanks to Penny at MammalCreate in Bristol!), set up some social media accounts and then set to work on promoting her vision.